Manager of Business Development
Arctic Gateway Group – Winnipeg, MB – Location Negotiable for Right Candidate
AGG is seeking highly effective Manager of Business Development to build traction and grow and diversify revenues and client relationships in the way freight, intermodal, general merchandise, grain, mining and manufactured goods sectors. We are looking for outstanding candidates who are committed to excellence to join our growing team with travel to develop market opportunities within Northern Manitoba, Canada and the U.S.A.
Bring an analytical and complete solutions approach to developing new revenue streams focusing on client service, logistical excellence and reliability.
Key Job Elements:
- Transportation industry and sales experience a must;
- Expertise in sales processes and sales operations, including goal setting and sales forecasting;
- Build and maintain business with strategic customer accounts; develop sales strategies that optimize resources and time available;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills – must demonstrate proven ability to communicate effectively and build trust with senior executives, engineering staff and purchasing personnel;
- Energetic, hard-working, self-starter; Entrepreneurial mindset;
- Assist in negotiation of Transportation Service Agreements and commercial issues involved in logistics process;
- Work closely with operations group and CN rail and other co-service providers to develop best quotation strategies;
- Assist in negotiation of commercial issues involved in contracting process;
- Collaborate with operations and senior management personnel to close business and manage revenue budgeting and actual results against budget.
- Travel will be required
Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s degree – commerce related field or relevant technical field.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 7+ years’ experience selling transportation services typically gained in rail, trucking or intermodal sales;
- Proven track record of sales growth, account management and new business revenue strategies;
Compensation will be a negotiated package of base salary and bonus related compensation. A competitive benefits program is also included.
Arctic Gateway Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage the application of Indigenous candidates.
To apply, please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly state your compensation package expectations.Apply Today